Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

The Android Project Reviews: Craigsnotifica


Category: Shopping
Price: Free ($4.99 Donation App available)
Gotta-have-it factor: 7

I just found the Craigsnotifica Android app today, and I’m pleasantly surprised. It shouldn’t be hard to figure out what the app does by its title, but if you are wondering, it notifies you when new items pop up on Craigslist in your predefined searches.

I love Craigslist (although I’ve never purchased anything from it, I still love looking at stuff I want to buy), but I’ve always thought of things that I would like to look for on Craigslist when I’m away from my computer. The next day, when I get on Craigslist to look for stuff, I can’t remember what it is I wanted. Now, that may be a sign that I don’t really need whatever crap I thought of the night before, but that’s for me to decide (or my wife, who will probably say no).


Anyway, Craigsnotifica takes care of that problem by bringing Craigslist to you! Craigsnotifica first asks you to set up a region where you want it to perform searches. I found it handy that you can set up more than one region to search at a time, which Craigslist itself doesn’t do. Then you can set up a search for an item you want, like “Elvis Wig.” You can add filters to your search if you choose. Once you have saved your search, Voila!, 23 people in the Las Vegas area are selling their Elvis wigs… You get the point.

Although I’ve only spent 20 minutes with the Craigsnotifica app so far, I can’t find any negatives to it. So if you love Craigslist, you’ll love this app even more.

1 comment:

  1. Cool - I love being kept in the loop. I'm guessing ebay's mobile app does the same thing for items you're bidding on in ebay, eh? Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete