Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Android Project Reviews: Sportstap


Category: Sports
Price: Free
Gotta-have-it factor: 5

I’m quite torn on whether to recommend Sportstap or not. I already have the NBA Gametime, and MLB apps installed on my phone, and those are the apps that I check when I need my respective NBA or MLB scores because they are much more aesthetically pleasing than Sportstap, which has a more spartan feel to it. Sportstap does offer scores and info for all of your major sports, however, so it's good if you need to check NFL, NCAA, NHL, Nascar, Golf, Soccer or Tennis results as well.

The one reason I would recommend the Sportstap Android application is for its “Favorite Team” notifications. Sportstap is the only sports score application (that I am currently aware of), that allows you to select your favorite teams in each sport, and it will send you notifications when a game starts, scores during the game, and other useful user-selected notifications.

On the downside, Sportstap’s notifications aren’t as reliable as I would like them to be (which may be more a function of the Android OS than the Sportstap application because I have other applications such as WootWatcher that only seem notify me when I have opened the application recently). Another negative is that Sportstap is a bit slow and laggy. That may improve in future updates, but I haven’t seen an update of this app in a few months so I can’t say.

So I will leave it up to you, if you really like having an application that sends you notifications of sports scores from you favorite teams, then this may be the app for you. If you’re just looking for a quick and easy way to check the latest scores, then there are probably better apps out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment