Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

The Android Project Reviews: TMZ app for Android

This one’s more for the wifey than for me, but I can’t deny that I like to check up on the “Thirty-Mile Zone” every so often. For me, this app is a good example of how news should be delivered to a phone in application format. TMZ’s android application is clean and simple. And I give it extra points for asking you if you want to close the application when you exit. So many apps stay open when you exit, taking up precious phone memory in the background. If every application had such a close out option, we wouldn’t have to rely so heavily on task killing apps (see my review of Advanced Task Killer).
The only other celebrity gossip application I know of is from E!, but the interface of the two are so similar that I wouldn't be surprised if they were made by the same developer. So if you’re looking for a quick way to check up on the Pitts or the Octomom, I would recommend the TMZ android app.

1 comment:

  1. What? No "Gotta-have-it" factor, Johnny? I'm guessing it's because of the wife thing and that it's off the charts in the wrong direction.

    ReplyDelete